Friday, June 1, 2018

Book Club: "You Are A Badass"

"You Are A Badass", Jen Sincero
This book was the catalyst for my passion of reading self-improvement books. Jen Sincero does a great job of breaking down her concepts into understandable pieces. Her writing style may not be for everyone. She incorporates some witty humor and personal anecdotes throughout it, so if you're looking for a more straight- forward, less embellished novel, this may not be for you.
My friend recommended this book to me as I was going through a series of crazy life transitions.
I'm not kidding, this book took my perception of life and flipped it a full 180 degrees. I was depressed, anxious, and confused, and I took comfort in the moments reading the book. It was like her words took over my own inner-narrative for a while, and it felt good to let go and have someone tell me how to feel better. If you're ever feeling stressed out or out of control, I suggest having "You Are A Badass" readily available. It is also available in audiobook format. Sometimes on a long commute, there's nothing better than just sippng some tea or coffee or green juice (whatever floats your boat) and listening to an audiobook.
Some of my favorite quotes that inspired me:

1 comment

  1. "Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. ecelebrithytrend privies all kind of famous celebrity , height,weight, net worth
    age, biography, and all interesting facts."

    ReplyDelete

© Samantha Van Sickle. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.